Sunday, November 8, 2009

So today is Sunday and I am working on a composition about technology and negative effects it has on us despite all the positive effects. I need about another page and a half. I don't really have much to tell. It has been raining here for the longest time, yesterday was a miracle of a day because there was sun! And when I went into town I definately noticed a big increase in the amount of people around. People sitting in the grass, walking by the side of the river, sitting in the plaza. So I asked this chilean about drinking fountains, I was yet to see one, until yesterday. There are actually 2 in the plaza. Those are the only ones I have ever seen in Chile. Plazas, oh I love them. I do not really spend time in them but I like them, we should have some in the US. It is our down fall, no plazas.

So random thing that I did the other day that I couldn't help but to burst out laughing.... Thursday my latinamerica cinema class got out at 7 and it was raining very hard of course. I had my umbrella. I was walking with 3 other americans, we went out into the open and then back under a roof, under the roof I pulled my umbrella shut, but there is not latch to keep it shut so I was holding the inside of it where you pull it down. This chilean was walking towards us, and I was holding the umbrella pointing ahead of me, holding it shut. But it slipped as the guy was rather close, just in front of me, and it opened right in front of him, hahahahahha. It made him jump. I closed it really quick, and everybody was laughing and I started laughing. Oh my. Very funny, interesting thing to have happen. I felt bad though :/ Sorry guy :(

Other than that nothing too exciting is happening.

1 comment: