Saturday, October 10, 2009

Homework

So instead of actually taking my time to do my homework in this instant I am writing about what I should be doing. I have a short ethanography to read, I have to present to the class about the ethanography. Tell them what it is about, this next week I think.

I need to write a composition as well, I chose to write about different slants on news and how countries do not provide all the news to their citizens, such as how the CIA did horrible things in Chile and Nicaragua, supported torturing of people and the dissapeared people. Oh my goodness. Were american citizens aware of what their country was supporting? Perhaps they knew that they were trying to overthrow politicians from the left, but a different form of government should never provoke such atrocities, especially to random citizens. They may have been somewhat informed of what was happening but surely not 100%, there is no way that it would have been supported. Sad sad story. It makes me wonder as to what we do not know what may be going on now. Bothersome bothersome topic. This occurs in many countries, and Cuba well they know nothing of the outside world.

I also have to write a little snipet of something, somewhat like a diary entry. Other than that I do not think I have homework. Ah I need to think of activities to do in American Corner :/ But the composition is the hard thing. Finding information on the topic is hard, becuase this information is not written about, what the press does not tell.... and looking for it online has not been a fruitful search. Then also writing everything correctly in spanish is a pain, correcting it, revising it. Oooh no.

Yesterday I went to the supermarket to buy stuff to make french toast, and at the cash register, the lady was holding the nutmeg and she looked at it and asked me something but I have no idea what, she then said, you don't understand. And that was the end of that :/

All right, I am done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment