So, this is news regarding Chile but still not there so not so exciting. Today I went to the bank and settled stuff with my bank so they don't think somebody hi-jacked* my card and went to Chile..... and I ordered some Chilean currency. About $100 = 47,000 Chilean Pesos. Oh joy getting there currency values burnt into my head.
I also recieved some papers that I have to send back to the Chilean Cosulate for my visa..... I have to sign them and put my thumb print on them..... where do you get thumb prints? My mom said it is possible at a mail place but that just seems odd to me, but if they do I won't complain. If not I will see if I can at the police station downtown. Ha, do you think all police stations are purposely downtown so that they can say, Do you want to go downtown? When they are threatening to arrest someone? Hmmmmm perhaps but most likely not.
Ahhh but back onto the visa track, it says it is only good for 5 months.... I will be there for 6 months longer, so I will have to renew it. I do not know why they did not give me one for 11 months. Maybe because it is a student visa and I am there during there summer in which I will not be a student, but I do plan to do an internship..... but what kind of visa would that be? A work visa? I might not get paid. I do not even have an internship set up yet! Ohhh my. I will have to start making some connections as soon as I get there.
Well there is no further information to share....... I leave the 20th of August though! Who is excited? Yes, that is right meeeeeeee!
* There will probably be spelling errors, but not horrid so you will have no idea as to what the word is. I am not sure about the word hi-jacked, but you understand me so no worries.
No comments:
Post a Comment