So I have one week left of my internship! It is not that I hate it, but I need more variety in my days than being in an office for 8 or 9 hours a day. That is the most important thing I have learned from my internship that I do not want to be in a job that is always the same.... yay teaching! Always exciting! But difficult. Well I will be telling random events that have happened in my internship, there is a lot that has happened but I will just see how long I feel like writing and with what amount of detail.
So today I was walking home after the office, and I was crossing the street and I saw a large group of people circled around watching something, I was looking at them a little ways past this young guy hold a sign for cabanas which are like cabins to rent.
He asked me, "Cabanas?"
me: no.
him: una casa? (a house?)
me: no .... and then I started to cross the street to see what the people were looking at and as I was crossing I heard him say, "un pololo?" which means, a boyfriend? tricky chileans. But I just ignored him because well that is the way you must be here, there are men that see girls and say, oh my queen and they make kissing sounds..... well I just walk on by, no eye contact! Passing a truck load of workers well that is highly awkward but I just hum to myself, lalalalala.
Oh well so one day returning from my internship I passed this tourist, a 50ish year old man, on the bridge taking pictures of the sea lions. I continued my way, and I had to wait for a light to change to cross the street, and I noticed that the same man was standing there waiting too. Nothing weird about that. So I continue then I arrive to another cross walk that isn't used very much and he also waits to cross. So I let him go ahead of me. Then once I am on the other side of the street and I walk a few steps with this man walking ahead of me, he suddenly turns around with his camera raised so as to take a picture. I stop and back away, because well he was moving quickly and that was just the randomest thing every and it surprised me. He asked me if he could take a picture of me. Ummm no. He said, you aren't from here are you? No, I am from the USA and I am studying spanish here. And I quickly said goodbye and continued on my way. This happened on the corner of my street. So I walked on the opposite side of where my house is and when I went to cross I noticed the same man walking up my street... so I went to the university and went into a building and waited for about 5 minutes then walked home a different way. Just in case. No creepy stalkers please.
Cristina is the girl who works in the tourist office, as well as two other girls, Vanja and Natalia, who are doing their internships. There was a boy who finished his internship a few weeks ago, his name is Leonardo. Vanja finishes her internship on wednesday so after we are done we are going to her house to eat tacosss. ayayayayayayayyyy. Cristina is a very entertaining girl, she makes me not hate my internship. She is very small, she loves animals and always makes up interesting conversations for animals. One day there was a spider on her coat in the office, it was on a Saturday and it was just her and me there. She didn't know it was there until she saw it so she started freaking out, she started to move really fast, getting up out of her chair and she was jumping around yelling, sacala sacala sacalaaaa, which means get it offf get it off get it offff. I had no idea what was going on so I was just watching her like, what is your problem? And by the time I saw it I had stood up, and I saw the spider and I backed away and squealed but I grabbed a calender thing and I flicked it onto the desk. I grabbed the cup that holds the pens and emptied it to trap the spider but it fell to the floor so Cristina took the cup and got under the desk to trap it. We were laughing so hard, at her reaction and what I did to help and just the situation. There were two tourists in the office at the time who saw the whole thing, and then afterwards a lady came in and I was laughing so hard, and cristina was under the desk. I had to become serious to help the lady, I apologized for laughing and she just looked at me like there is nothing funny to be laughing at. Cristina stayed under the desk laughing, and I knew she was there which made this situation even more hard to keep from laughing. So all day long I we were laughing about the spider inccident.
Then within the next week or two we went horseback riding for free on the Isla Teja, and well that was very funny as well. Beforehand we were talking about the horses at the place we were going to, she has been there before and she was describing to me a horse or donkey, and she said it looks like the donkey from shrek. So she gave me the impression that these were small horses, and that he had ponies. I asked does he have large horses? She asked why? Well I don't want my
legs to be dragging. And she just laughs and laughs. But I did look big on the horse still, my legs did anyways, but not Cristina because she is tiny. Ah but it was fun. The first thing that happened was Cristina's horse takes off running, and the guide is yelling, stay behind meeee, brakeee, brakeeee. And Cristina was squealing aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh eeeeeehhhh, but she stopped her horse and I was laughing a lot at that. She also basically just sat on the horse and let it follow the other without guiding it to the side if needed, I was in the back so I watched as her horse went under low trees and her head was going through branches and leaves, and I was just laughing laughing. Very entertaining. I liked it a lot, and it is not super difficult to ride a horse... but they did not go fast, a little jog every now and then but mainly just walking.
All right well now I am going to stop writing because I ran out of steam. Chaito.
Hahahaha, te ves como una jockey experta, lista para que hagas una película del lejano oeste, pues me parece que hiciste bien en seguir por tu camino, eso es muy común en estos países, el tirarle besitos a las chicas cuando van por la calles , se les dice “piropos” pero tu seria seria , lo hiciste bien , la próxima vez , cuando estés montada en el caballo dices...”Arre arre “ y veras como corre…solo una pregunta: eres capaz de mirar para atrás montada en el caballo? Creo que nooooooooooooo jajajajaja wooooooooooo : P ….chao cowgirl jajajajaj que buenooooooo
ReplyDelete