Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years in Chile



Last night was new years eve, the family was very nice to me of course. The son of my host mother who is currently here visiting with his family asked me lots of questions about my country, and fruits that I have eaten here and things like that. At midnight they have weird tradititions, they have snacks to eat for different reasons. I ate beans for abundance I think. I drank a little bit of champagne as well and it was much more pleasant than my wine, cola de mono and pisco sour experiences. Then we went outside with a bill of money to show to the moon and you say, Luna lunita mandame platita! (Moon little moon send me money) And I also went with my host sister and her sister in law to the corner of the street with suitcases, to travel this year. They also flushed the toilets, so that the "shit" goes away and the new comes in. That was the grand experience of my new years. Very entertaining. We also had glow stick things and well one of mine broke and stained my shirt :( Now I will always remember that night when I want to wear that shirt. It is going to be a good year, I will spend the majority of it here, 7 more months, and then I will be able to come back to my dear country and share the wonderful traditions they have here in the USA. Wooo!

1 comment: