So other things that have happened.... Nothing too exciting. I have been to all my classes, they are good. I like the conversation and composition one the best so far all though it seems to have the most work. But for now it is the top one. Monday nights there are free salsa lessons at the uni so I went and learned a little salsa. Spinning and coming out of a spin and back into the steps was rather difficult for me. But I had a cool little chilean helping me, I couldn't understand him all the time but we made it work. At the end we were doing sideways spinning steps. So yeah, see how that goes.
Today I went to a girls high school for volunteer work, all we did though is talk to the staff and try and figure out when we can come. We were in a few pictures as well. I didn't know how to get there so my host sister drove me to her work which is very close to the school and then she walked me to the school. Very nice people.
I walked back la de dah, went through the market that sells seafood, vegetables and some fruit. The carrots look..... brawny. Hahahaha. The are short and stout. I walked to a little market and bought some soda crakers and other little cracker like things to eat at random hours when a meal is a ways off.
I went for a run tonight at around 7 and it was dark. But it was nice because it was cold, I do prefer the cold to hot environments for running. The chileans do not really interact with strangers on the street which is convienient for not having to smile etcetera, but I have to remember sometimes not to smile or say hello or good morning.... they just don't do it. But the kisses on the cheek thing, hard to get accustomed to, nor is it clear exactly to whom you should greet in this way. You also say goodbye like that too. Not my favorite part of chilean life. Tonight I was going to go to a mime class after class, hahaha, yeah. But I couldn't find the room so I just meandered on back to the house. That is all for now. Hasta luego.
The smiling and saying hi thing is the same in France, and it is super hard not to! I always forget and get strange looks.
ReplyDelete